Promoting a safer church
Confident disciples in the joyful service of their church and community actively promote the welfare of all who are vulnerable. We can work together to prevent harm from occurring. This is Safeguarding.
Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of this church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
- that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advise from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local Contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Name: Rev C Harrington
Tel: 01529 460904
Name: Penny or Debbie
Role: Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 01522 504080/81
IF THERE IS IMMEDIATE RISK OF DANGER PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE ON 999
NSPCC 0808 800 5000 Family Lives 0808 800 2222
Childline 0808 1111 National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
Stop it Now 0808 1000 900 Action on Elder Abuse 0808 808 8141
NAPAC 0808 801 0331 Samaritans 116 123