Heckington, St Andrew - Last updated 2nd January 2022  

Our Church Wardens are Jane Ward & Jan France.

There is a service each Sunday at 11am. Usually it is Holy Communion.

Also a midweek a service of Holy Communion every Wednesday at 11am.

Tours of the church by groups or individuals are available from our tour guide Michael Rose 01529 461293

The local church primary school came to church on 16th Dec and created the beautiful Nativity scene below.

                                                                  School Nativity  

                             Thanks go to the pupils and to Margaret Ingham and Jan France who designed and helped.

THE CHURCH IS OPEN EVERY DAY from 9am to 4pm .

The book stall has reopened. Books are now 50p each. Please sanitise your hands after browsing the book stall. 

HISTORY OF THE CHURCH

To down load a copy of the history of the church by Sandra Sardeson click here.

THE CHURCH BUILDING

Heckington Church 

St Andrew's Heckington is a quite magnificent parish church. Built in 1300's in the decorated style of the period it is adorned inside and out with many statues, gargoyles, beasts, royal faces, angels and animals leaping from the world and imagination of the 14th century stone carvers. The principal benefactor was Richard de Potesgrave, chaplain to Edward III. It contains the finest grouping of Easter Sepulchre, Sedalia & piscina in the country.  

Font at Heckington carved font & view of east window

View from gallery A view of the east end from the musician's gallery

Easter Sepulchre           Sedila at Heckington

Easter Sepulchre is a work of art in stone            As is the Sedalia